KNIT ON KNIT Layers are everywhere at the moment, but sometimes it can be challenging…Read More →
With Halloween right around the corner, most of us are getting our costumes prepared, bowls filled with candy, and houses decked out with all sorts of ghoulish décor. If you are like us and prefer to have a stylish costume over something gory and scary, then read on to find 8 different glam-inspired looks to wear this Halloween to make yourself stand out from the crowd.
1. With a handful of key pieces like a blonde wig, the iconic white flared dress, pumps, and a chic makeup look including bright red lips, you are sure to pull off this Marilyn Monroe look with ease.
2. Glam your Halloween look this year with a fur coat as you dress yourself up as Gwyneth Paltrow’s Margot Tenenbaum from the 2001 drama The Royal Tenenbaums. What a great excuse to cover yourself up in something warm during this cold fall night in the city. Don’t forget to complete your look with a red barrette.
3. Want to be extra glam? Dress up as Audrey Hepburn’s Holly Golightly from Breakfast at Tiffany’s. All you would need for this look is a little black dress or a gown based on your plans for the evening, black gloves, pearls around your neck, and a little tiara.
4. If you’re looking to be in trend while also wanting to dress up as an iconic character, don a yellow plaid skirt and jacket with white thigh high socks for Alicia Silverstone’s Cher Horowitz from Clueless. This look is totally ruling the runways this fall which makes it a stylish and easy-to-find outfit for you to pull off. For extra brownie points get your best friend to dress up as Stacey Dash’s Dionne Davenport with a black plaid skirt and jacket
1. Do you want your dog to be in on the Halloween celebrations? Dress yourselves up in this stylish human-dog combination outfit of Cruella De Vil and a Dalmatian. All you will need is a black and white fur coat (brownie points for a spotted or fur coat), a stylish black and white outfit under it, red, black or white gloves and red pumps. Dress your furry friend up in spots with animal friendly paint/makeup or even a spotted tee. If you don’t have a dog, you can still pull this look off with a stuffed Dalmatian toy.
6. Going as Barbie and Ken is a perfect idea for the couples out there. It’s a perfect excuse to wear a sparkly dress and look all dolled up. Take some inspiration for these outfits from Rihanna and Jay-Z in 2016. If your significant other refuses to be a ‘doll’ for Halloween, tell him Jay-Z did it and show him how fancy he actually looked.
7. Dress up with your BFF or sister (brownie points for twin sisters) this Halloween as the Olsen Twins. For this look all you will need are oversized glasses, baggy yet fashionable clothing, trench coats and a Starbucks cup in hand. Going all black works perfect too. Don’t forget to accessorize!
8. Go dressed as Blair Waldorf from the hit TV show Gossip Girl. Dress yourself up in a preppy school-girl outfit with plaids and a headband. Curl your hair strands and wear chic makeup along with knee-high socks and boots or a pair of black Oxford shoes for your feet. Make your BFF go as Serena Van Der Woodsen and your significant other as Chuck Bass for a Gossip Girl entourage.
Written by Maria James