Maya Charbin and the models pictured at the event- Photo by Andrea Marchant Dazzling designs…Read More →
With the year 2018 rapidly coming to a close, it’s time to reflect on all things fashion that this year brought us. From the Catholic-inspired Met Gala red carpet to the simplistic wedding gown worn by Meghan Markle; the Golden Globes blackout to diverse runways, the fashion industry certainly lived out some of its finest moments, most of which brought out a positive change. It was a year filled with notable achievements but also some controversies as well as losses of major fashion and design icons. We at Infuse bring to you some of our favorite fashion moments for you to relive as you look back on everything that the year as brought about.
1. Hauntingly beautiful tulle-infused Spring 2019 collection by Rodarte for the New York Fashion Week in September. Staged in a graveyard, it truly set a spooky yet mesmerizing backdrop for the beautiful gowns.
Vogue: Photographed by Ik Aldama
2. Meghan Markle’s minimal yet sophisticated Givenchy wedding gown designed by Clare Waight Keller. The gown that featured long sleeves, a boat neck and a long laced train, stole the special day and was an anticipated fashion moment in the year 2018.
Vogue: Getty Images
3. Lady Gaga and her red carpet outfits this year as she promoted her Hollywood debut, ‘A Star Is Born’ were some of the buzzworthy fashion moments; her flamingo dress in particular. Looking spectacular in the pink feathered Valentino Pierpaolo Piccioli gown that suitably earned the name ‘Flamingo’, and Chopard earrings, fans agree that the pop star turned movie star has come a long way in her fashion choices this year. She also sported a veil with her Armani gown at the TIFF red carpet, which she stylishly pulled back and converted into a
4. The 2018 Golden Globes saw a mass statement being made through fashion among the women of Hollywood. Stars from Dakota Johnson, who won best-dressed in a black Gucci gown with a crystal bow and shimmery train, to Octavia Spencer donned themselves in all-black as they supported the sexual harassment and assault awareness movement that followed the #MeToo movement late last year. Also walking the red carpet were female political advocates as guests to many female celebrities, making it one of the most impactful fashion moments of the year.
5. The MET Gala 2018 proved to be one of the most creative and fashionable yet as celebrities decoded this year’s theme into their red carpet looks. One of the most noteworthy looks
6. The New York Fashion Week certainly made a bold move this year as they made a statement of diversity on their runway this year. The Spring 2019 runways featured not just plus-size models but also a big percentage of models of
Harper’s Bazaar, Getty Images
As you can tell, 2018 certainly was a very eventful year for the fashion industry so as we wrap up the year, let’s hope for a much brighter 2019 as we make progress in leaps and bounds.
Written by Maria James